Monday, March 26, 2012

2nd Chemo go-round

3/26/12

After a rocky start this morning I got into Boston for my 2nd chemo.
I was pretty sick over the weekend from side effects and just generally feeling the "poor me" blues.
My fabulous Chemo nurse Nancy fixed that though, in fact my entire chemo team came in to bolster me up with TLC and just letting me vent. I have a great group of Doctors and Nurses and I mean that. From my primary Dr. W. and all the fine doctors and nurses of Beantown-I truly appreciate and am grateful for all they do.

Anyhow, this time instead of a bed I got a cubby with a recliner and chair and tv for Dave. My weight is down 6 lbs from last week (you wouldn't know it to see my poor ascitic belly) so while I waited for my labs to come back I received some iv hydration.
My bloodwork was all at acceptable levels so I was OK to get the chemo.
I only received the Taxol this week, Nancy explained that the carboplatin is only given every 3 weeks so hopefully my side effects won't be so bad this time.

Dr B. may schedule me for another paracentesis but honestly I am hoping that the chemo kicks in and the ascites begins to resolve on it's own. There is always the risk of infection with the paracentesis and I frankly don't like what the fluid loss does to my B/P and heart rate so unless I get too uncomfortable I hope to avoid one.
So With my 2nd chemotherapy under my belt we shall see how the week plays out.
I have a new nausea med-hopefully it will help too.

Love, Dixie

  "You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment