Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Courageous Warrior

Today I am writing with great sorrow as my children and I mourn the loss of my beloved husband, and their father David E. Theriault. As those of you who have followed our story at Caring Bridge are aware, David successfully underwent a bone marrow transplant back in October of 2013 to seek a cure for his myelofibrosis. Unfortunately he suffered a complete reversal two weeks ago, and the disease returned and overwhelmed him. All of you who lent their support, please know that we didn't consider the transplant a failure. Because of it, we were given another 6 months of precious time together. In fact, when they asked David at the hospital if he had any regrets, he emphatically stated "No." And he told the doctors that if given the same choice, he would have done it all over again. I have lost my Life's partner and my best friend. He passed peacefully yesterday afternoon at home in our own bed as I cradled him in my arms. In stead of flowers, I respectfully request that donations be made in David's memory to the national bone marrow registry http://bethematch.org/

Thank you.
Love, Dixie

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Dixie I just saw this . I fill so bad I sure wish we lived closer so I could be there for you .if you need to talk or anything you call me I love you girl you just hold on to all the good memories he will always be with you! I don't really know what to say but sorry and I love you here my no#678-865-6292 Paulette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My darling Paulette, Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean so much to me because I know they come from the heart, and you truly have a heart of gold. I love you too. God bless you and yours.

      Dixie

      Delete