Monday, April 16, 2012

A Special Acknowledgement

I came home from chemo today to find a package waiting for me.
I opened it and inside I found not one, not two, but three adorable and easy to care for wigs from http://www.ruthsfreewigcloset.org

I found this web site on google a few weeks ago and had written to them requesting a wig. This wonderful web site is run by twin sisters Janie Martz and Jeanie Thompson, and named for their mother Ruth whom they lost to pancreatic cancer in 1995.

They are a non-profit organization who provide free wigs to women who suffer hair loss, be it from chemo, thyroid, or any health-related issues,
Please visit their site if you know of someone, or even yourself can use this service. They are also a wonderful way to give back and you can make a donation.
http://www.ruthsfreewigcloset.org/our-story/

Cancer is damned expensive. It drains your purse as well as your strength so thank Heaven for wonderful organizations like this.
I am truly grateful and blessed today.

love, Dixie

No comments:

Post a Comment