Sunday, April 19, 2015

A Perfect Day

It is so easy to take things for granted but sometimes the Universe conspires and gives you something so wonderful that you just want to shout it from the rooftops.
This weekend I have had  two such lovely days filled with moments of perfection that have left me humbled and contented with my place in Life.
No I didn't win the lottery. I didn't get all dressed up and attend a red carpet event. I didn't make some earth shattering new discovery, or even fall in love. :-)
I just simply awoke to each new day and really noticed everything and everyone around me.
The weather was nice so I spent much of my time outdoors. I didn't go anywhere special. In fact, I mostly just hung around in the back yard.

I played with my grandson on his swings.
I took pictures of clouds.


I helped set out some azaleas. I enjoyed good conversation, and good simple food with people that I love.
I know this may not sound like much to some, but for me it was a renewal of my spirit. A reminder of how little I need, and how much I have been blessed with.
I just want to reflect back on this time. It is mine.

Love,
Dixie

No comments:

Post a Comment