Friday, June 20, 2014

My First Colonoscopy

OK. I know what you're thinking. Do we really want to hear about this? Relax. I won't go into details. You can easily Google that information for yourselves.

 But I will tell you that my anxiety was the worst part...well except for drinking a gallon of bowel prep and having to fore-go my morning coffee.
I had it done at Signature Healthcare at Brockton Hospital, and let me tell you this.
The Endoscopy department there is superb, especially the nurses. Every single one was so kind and comforting, especially since I was a big baby, and much to my dismay, I started crying before I even had the procedure.

I think it was just being in a hospital setting again, especially so soon after David's ordeal that just really hit home with me.
But I am so grateful to all of the staff there, for their compassion and professionalism.
It really made a big difference.

And by the way, my preliminary results were negative.

Enjoy this beautiful day everyone.
Love,
Dixie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dixie,

    My name is Peter and I work in the Marketing Department at Signature Healthcare. I came across your blog and was so pleased to read that you had a positive experience here at Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital. We have an online community called Care to Share where we invite members of the Signature Healthcare community to share their positive experiences at Signature Healthcare with others and we would love it if you would be willing to share your story with us. Our Care to Share site can be found at www.MySignatureCare.org/Share. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at phoye@signature-healthcare.org. Thanks, and I hope you have a great day!

    Sincerely,

    Peter C. Hoye
    Signature Healthcare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Peter,
      I will be sure to check it out. My family has used Signature Healthcare for many years. In fact, I credit one of your doctors for literally saving my life with his skilled diagnostics. Please check out my e-book Tales from the Teal Warrior: A Memoir at amazon.com
      I'm an an ovarian cancer survivor, and yes I am shamelessly promoting my book. Especially this month being Ovarian Cancer Awareness month!

      Have a great day,
      Dixie Theriault

      Delete