Thursday, October 17, 2013

I Am Now One of Those...

Annoying family members...sigh....
All of my former nursing comrades will know what I'm talking about.
You know. One  those pesky nit-pickers. I'm really not trying to tell you how to do your job.
but I just love this fellow so much...

Tuesday was admission day and it was a Loooooong Day.
Hickman cath inserted without incident.
Running fevers early the next morning.
This is not new.
Part of the disease process.
Blood transfusion done.

Wednesday. O2 sats in the toilet.
Now on oxygen continuously.
Chest xray neg.
CT scan neg.
Had 1st dose of Frontline Chemo
Tolerated well.

Thurs.
Can't pee.
Taking fluids PO and IV.
Making plenty of urine.
Full bladder. No Go.
Foley cath in.

Dr. concerned RE: decreased lung function.
Suggests we may have to "abort" transplant if no improvement.
Blood transfusion done.
We are in "Wait and See" mode.

All Prayers welcome.
Love, Dixie



2 comments:

  1. Hi there Dixie! I was actually just reading up on a few of your posts and had quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete